Image source: laravel-zero.com
I am currently working on a small side-project which will collect and aggregate data from different sources.
As no GUI is needed and I also want quick results, I decided to go with a pure CLI application.
After this decision I stared researching for possible frameworks as I do not want to reinvent the wheel once more.
Finally I found a neat framework for my use-case: Laravel Zero
As the name already indicates, this framework is build on top of a small Laravel version wich only contains the minimum of components required for a proper commandline application.
If you need additional components, like a database for example, it is very easy to add additional Laravel components (see documentation).
- Fully build with Laravel components
- Extendable with additional components like the Logging or Database (Eloquent) component
- CLI menus with interactive select options
- Native desktop notifications for macOS, Windows and Linux
- Scheduler component
- Ships with a standalone application compiler (Box)
I will publish a detailed review of this framework after finishing my project!